Question

jyoung1234

Info about Unsatisfied Judgement
In 2004 I was in an uninsured auto accident in Oregon. Plaintiff sued me for damages and won. In 07/2006 a judgement was entered against me. To prevent the loss of my driver's license or other legal recourse, I entered into a payment plan with the law firm who was handling his case. I have steadily made payments on this judgement ever since. They are small payments, and do not make a dent in the $24,000 dollar judgement, but I have continued to pay the amount of the payment plan regularly.

My questions are as follows:

It is scheduled to come off my credit report this August. Will it still come off, even though I make payments?

It is listed as an unsatisfied judgement because it is not full, but there is no reporting of "Paying as agreed" or anything on either of the 3 credit reports. It also does not have any negatives like "Closed" or "Not paying as agreed".

Thanks for your help everyone. This year is my year to clean up my debt and credit. Paid off my first closed credit card account last week, consolidated my debts with a personal loan, and I plan on being credit card debt free by the end of the summer, and I'm giving myself a year to get my credit score from 575- 675.

Bump

The problem is that you are paying the attorneys and not the court.  Since this is court related and a public record it will not show that any payment plans are being made.  And even when it's satisfied it will remain on your credit report.   Here's what I found out about civil judgements. the courts do not verify civil judgements.  The agencies get this information from third parties which is not legal. They must verify with originators and the courts simply do not have the time or staff to verify all judgements.   Unless they can prove that they verified directly with the court they must remove from your report. Be sure to contact all three agencies.  So far I've been able to get two of them to remove my record by calling them out on not verifying with the court.