Question

swagmonkey

I'm moving to New Zealand in a couple years? Will my US credit be useful there?
My fiancée and I are planning a move in a couple years from the US to New Zealand. I have great credit here, and zero debt. I may need that credit in the transition, to buy land where we'll get everything started.

Will my US credit be useful to me in New Zealand, or will I have to start all over? Would it make sense to borrow from a US bank or credit union to make the purchase, if my credit gets me a better rate here but isn't considered by New Zealand companies? How is my credit affected by my move? What can and can't I do with my credit overseas, and what are the pros and cons of loans that cross national boundaries, vs. applying for one in NZ?