Question

YoungAndbuilding

I'm confused please help me
I'm 19 and have a credit score of 705 as well as make a salary of over $22,000 and am trying to get more then the two cards I have currently so that I can increase the number of accounts which is an F on my credit report card currently but...because I've only had credit cards for almost two years I'm having trouble getting approved although my credit score is good what can I do? Why can't I get a card with my good score...I understand my history is not very long but isn't that a good sign that I'm only 19 and have a good score? Help me so I can improve the number of accounts on my credit card report.

Most Helpful Response

Don't worry about the number of accounts you have. Your credit history is young and applying for too much credit at once will make you look "risky" to lenders. You'll also cause your credit score to drop by applying for too much credit at once (too many hard inquiries). Apply for credit in moderation (once or twice a year at most, but only if you really need to). I had only 4 accounts (3 open, 1 closed) when I was 19 years old and gradually rose to 20 accounts (16 open, 4 closed) as of today (almost 25 years old now), but I only applied for credit as I needed it, not when I wanted it.