Question

whitew0lf7788

If I miss a payment by one week, will it affect my score?
CK's credit score simulator only has a 1 month late payment option. If I miss a payment by a week, will it get reported? I have a 90%+ on-time payment rating.

Most Helpful Response

The creditors won't report you to the bureaus unless you are 30 days or more late. They would still like you to make your payments on time though, and charging late fees is how they convince you to do so. They will also be far less likely to grant you a credit limit increase if you make late payments. THEY know you don't pay on time, even if the bureaus don't.

Some issuers allow fro a grace period of anywhere from 10-15 days to pay past the due date without incurring charges, late fees and such.  I've been 8 days late due to a bill not arriving when I moved into my new home but they understood.  Happened one other time where I was over 20 days but due to my credit and on-time payment history, they waived the fee and did not report it.  

In order for them to report it, it has to exceed a significant number of days I believe...