Question

iloveicecream21

if i contact a debt collector over medical bills will the 7 year clock start over?
I have a few medical bills that are on my report and they are suppose to be paid by insurance but weren't. If I contact the creditor will the 7 year clock restart? I want the insurance to pay them and get the bills off my report.

It will not restart the 7 year clock, but be careful on what you agree to as it could restart the "Statute of Limitations" to be sued for the debt. Do some reading on "PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS" before you proceed. Regarding your insurance covering the bills, you will need to contact your insurance company to get that done.