Question

Fwsmith1980

If ADT service has been cancelled, can the billing still effect my credit
I have canceled service with ADT, but they continue to build me. Will nonpayment of these bills affect my credit score?

You need to check your original agreement with ADT.  If it was for a specific period of time, they will continue to bill you for the services until such time as you have reached the end of the time in your agreement.  Cancelling the services prior to the end of the agreement could allow them to demand full payment at any time for the balance you would still owe.   If you have gone beyond the initial contract period and they continue to bill you, you need to send them a letter asking them to close the account on the effective date you elected after your contract expiration.   If you ignore the bills only because you cancelled, you only postpone the fact they will set the account up for collection and post your failure to pay on your credit  You will then have to dispute the charges and the account at this time.  It is best to get it resolved quickly.   I would suggest a certified letter to them so that you have proof of delivery and proof of the cancellation.