Question

Remmy654

I was scammed by Stores Online Inc, Help!
Back In 2008 I fell for the Stores Online Inc. scam. Now, My credit is horrible because of this and the collection agency says that I owe 11k+. I don't know what to do. I didn't even know this was what was making credit so bad until I signed up for Credit Karma. Should I dispute errors on my credit score to the major credit reporting agencies? Stores online has an F with the BBB and they have been identified as a scam company. I never would have fallen for the stupid scam if I knew what was going to happen to my credit and my life due to this....What should I do?

If you signed a contract with the company I would suggest waiting the 7 years until it falls off of your report. DO NOT MAKE PAYMENTS, DO NOT ENGAGE. If you do, it resets the 7 year clock. 

From what I understand of this company they build websites for you etc, etc. Did they "fulfill" their end of the contract?

Remmy654

No, Everytime i tried to call customer service I got no answer, No matter how long I would wait and when I finally would get someone, they would never answer my questions and they wanted more money because of some bogus reason they gave me as to why I couldn't get helped or start my website even though I had already paid... And when you say do not engage you mean dont dispute it right?