Question

kiby2091

I want to improve my credit score.
I owe on my credit cards (I have 3). I pay on time but I am close to the Max amount. I know I need to get them down to at least 30% or lower. Will paying more than once a month on my cards improve my credit score? Other than getting my debts owed lower, what else can I do?

The more that you can reduce your utilization rate the better for your scores. Other than that, are your reports clean? If you have any negatives such as collections, you should work to get them removed. Once you get your financial problems squared away with the credit card debt you may want to consider adding an installment loan to your credit profile as having 1 installment loan on your reports will help improve your score.