Question

IncreaseMyCScore

I want a "pay for delete" for an account, but not sure how to do it
I am from NY. I have a credit card that I haven't paid in probably 6+ months. It is in collection. My credit score is poor at this point.

I called the cc company to try to make payment arrangement and they told me to pay in full to them or call the collection agency to make that arrangement.
I asked them how much I owed and said I couldn't pay in full.
Looking on-line I then found out about the pay for delete option.
Can I still do this at this point or this I shoot myself in the foot with that recorded phone call? Thank you

From what I've been reading and what I just did with my credit report,  CA's will agree to do it if you pay in full.  Just to share my experience with MediCredit,  I called them and asked for a pay to delete and they said No.  So I paid the hospital instead of the collection agency and then a week later disputed it with the Credit Bureaus.  The reason/explanation I listed was that the original creditor agreed to delete the collection record due to hardship and just uploaded my receipt.  It was a long shot but Experian deleted it.  

So far I started to dispute things on my credit since ending of September 2016.

I had:

4 Judgements > 2 showed satisfied 2 showed unpaid but I paid or settled all of them 1 year ago. > disputed with all 3 bureaus with receipt and they just deleted from my file.

3 Medical Collections ($500)> Paid in full then I disputed with the Credit bureaus and they got deleted.

As of today I have a clean credit report.  Went from 630 to 725 within 2 1/2 months.

Pay for delete negotiations should be done in writing because the person you talk to doesn't have the authority to make those arrangements.  How to do so is covered in the articles here and they are well worth reading.