Question

kvywill

I turned 18 in June, however I'm still not able to view my credit score?
I have tried throughout the past few months to view my credit score, however I'm never able to. Is it because I haven't used/gotten any type of credit card? I keep getting the same thing saying that my information doesn't match and I've tried all of the tips. Should I be afraid that someone stole my identity? Or should I just get a credit card to start establishing credit? I'm completely new to all of this so please be patient

Most Helpful Response

If you are relying on information only from CK, and you are concerned that someone may have been using your information to secure credit, then use the website that allows you to pull one report from each bureau per year for free.  Freeannualcreditreport.    While you won't get the score, you can see what they have if anything.  If it is clean, then you can begin the process of building credit.   You may have to get a secured card first, however, in time with proper management, you should be able to get an unsecured card.   Choose your cards carefully and ensure you pay the bill monthly.  In full is best, however being timely is what counts.  You probably have a very clean record, so whatever happens is purely on you.