Question

ohoshi28

I settled a collection 5 months ago, and it showed up on my credit this month for the remaining bal
I had a collection for AT&T which had not yet been reported. I called and settled with them. The original debt was about 2,200, and they settled for 1,300. I paid that settlement amount in full. Now 5 months later, the exact remaining balance (difference) is in collections with another collection company. They agreed to settle for the entire debt. What do I do?!
I disputed it with Transunion but I'm not sure what I can do to prove anything! I have the transaction history.

The problem is that this agreement was verbal and not in writing.  It is very possible that the party who made this agreement was not in a position to actually authorize this settlement.  If you have the statements that prove this settlement, make copies and send them with a letter (possibly to the AT&T office if that is who you settled with) and ask for their assistance in getting this resolved.  Good luck.