Question

cindy5g600

I pay all my bills on time, don't have alot of credit card debt, my credit score still remains low
I am on fixed income so all my bills are paid by 3rd of month, unable to get large credit card limits but do have cards that I pay more than is due , but my credit score remains poor, how do I improve it?

Most Helpful Response

Pay cards in full

Part of the problem may be continuing to carry a balance on the credit cards instead of getting them paid in full.  Another issue may be how much of the credit you are using, since the ideal is 20% or less.

Best to stop or seriously reduce credit card usage and get those balances paid in full.  If you want to see how much this may improve your credit score, go to the credit score simulator program on this site.

Also, check your credit reports annually to make sure only your information is on the reports.  Go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them thoroughly and file disputes on any items that are not yours with the credit reporting agency listing said item.  They have to investigate and verify or delete those items.

Hope this helps.