Question

dn12

I paid off my car nearly a year ago, how long will it affect my credit?
I had a few late payments for a car loan, I pre-paid months and it wasn't applied as such, rather to the principle. I ultimately got currant and then paid off the car last June, how long will this affect my credit?

Late payments remain on credit reports for seven years from the time that they occured. Late payments can cause a lot of damage, BUT the good news is that the damage subsides with time. You could write the company that you had the loan with a "Goodwill Letter" asking for forgiveness and removal of the lates, but don't get your hopes up. Do some reading on "goodwill letters" to learn more about them.