Question

Homeowner242

I own my home: paid off. Not shown on report. Shouldn't this help my score?
The real estate line says $0.

Most Helpful Response

Did you ever had mortgage on the house, and is it still on your report? If it's no longer on the report due to its age? Then it can't contribute to your credit scores. Owning a property out right has no influence on your credit scores.

Thank you JohnnyRain127

No, I've never had a mortgage on the property since I have owned it.  Nothing shows up under the real estate column on my report, so that would explain it.  I was hoping that it would boost my credit score, but I guess that just isn't the way that it works then.  Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I truly do appreciate it.