Question

cozttss

I owe a lot of money for medical bills, but I can't get a credit score. Do I have credit?
I don't know if I have credit. Credit Karma can't find my file. I have a bunch of medical bills from the last four years that are all way overdue, so I've just assumed I have bad credit. If I did have credit, what would I have to do to check a score for the first time? Or, could no credit score just mean it hasn't counted my medical bills against me because of my lack of credit in the first place?

No credit score = thin file

To have a credit score, you generally have to at least have 1 line of credit open with several months of history in order for there to be enough information to generate a credit score. No one on here can see your credit report, so I can't tell you whether or not those medical bills are on your credit reports. If you owe to collection agencies for those bills, then there's a chance that they are already on your reports or soon to be added onto your credit reports.