Question

Mrskdarapper

I just paid off my car but my credit score didn't go up or down, why?
I paid my car off early but my credit score didn't go up or down could someone shed some light on my situation. It's been about 3 weeks already and I'm trying to start the home buying process but I have to have at least a 620? Any tips or suggestions?

it take 1-2 months to reflect on your report depending on when its pulled and sent....but i'll honest with you if its one of your older and higher accounts which for most people it is your score will go DOWN for about 6 months then average back out....thats just how it is don't get me wrong there is a slim chance it went up but highly unlikely

Mrskdarapper

Undertanding how credit works is becoming a lot more confusing but thank you for your honesty. Maybe I will just try some more of the Letters to see if I can have some of this negative information removed.

positive response

I was told paying off older bills with higher amounts was the way ti go in order to see your score go up. For example I paid off an old bill from 4 years ago and my score jumped way up. It just takes time, I was told sometimes 3 months or that it may not have gone to the right place on your credit so you can call back the comoany and ask them if they know what might be happening, usually they are happy to help or can direct you in the help you need.

Best of luck

Positive vibes