Question

Posted in Taxes

ronaldwhitlow

I have been disabled since 1996. How does this affect my credit scores?
I have been making payments to the tax office every month to get caught up on my taxes, it was 1900.00 and I have it paid down to 350.00 for the years 2000-2016. the 350.00 is for the year 2007 only the rest of the years are paid up!

Having a disability has nothing to do with your credit score.  How you handle your credit accounts does. Glad to see you are getting taxes paid up. You might wantm\ to check with the local disabled services office to see what assistance you may be eligible for and I do suggest reading the articles on this site so you can get a good understanding of how credit works.  I, also, am disabled and the articles and tools on this site have helped me to greatly improve my credit score.