Question

bluedragon26

I have been disabled for a long time and I would to know if there are programs to help.
I've been messing up everywhere since I've been 'disabled' and I'm trying to get out of debt and repair my life.

Most Helpful Response

I've been on disability since 1967.  There are programs that can help you stretch your income and manage the monthly payments better.  Get the gas/electric services put on an equal payment plan and see about low-income energy assistance.  Use the food bank and see if you can get food stamps.  The goal is to reduce all expenses.  It's essential to limit charges and strive to pay all credit accounts in full every month.  A good source for how to negotiate payment programs is Dave Ramsey's site, which you can search for.  And contact the Disabled Services office in your area to see what else you might be eligible for.