Question

Posted in Saving Money

KamiAlabama

I have an active 529 account and am having trouble linking it to Credit Karma. How do I do this?
This account is a SSgA Upromise 529 account and I have money taken out of a savings account into this account on a monthly basis. I want it to be reflected in my assets and or ability to save, as I am trying to raise my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

Hi Kami,

Credit Karma can't link to every type of account. We are not able to link to most investment accounts. However, these accounts don't affect your credit score or appear on your credit report. Your credit history is a history of how well you repay your debts, and investment accounts simply are not reflected. Linking a bank account or credit card to Credit Karma doesn't add it to your credit report - that must be done by a creditor. 

Hope that clears up any confusion.