Question

darkfeather22

I have a store credit thats been closed but it is showing I still have a limit of credit
It's a Store credit card I can no longer use, because the business went under and I was very delinquent with the payments. They closed the account, which should have brought my limit to $0, and is still showing I have a $400 limit. How can his be corrected?

Mervyns is still reported

On my Credit report too. 

Since the account was never reported as closed it still shows up on my CR. If you didn't owe a balance when they last reported it won't hurt your score. 

On my CR it helps with the age of my open accounts although it does not show up as available credit. 

Your CR is your credit history. So it is part of your history and will probably be there for ever since the retailer will never make any changes to it. 

For the most part just ignore it if it's not having a negative effect. 

EddyTX

Further. If it's showing a balance due try disputing it. You can do that online at the CRA's website and see if that has an effect. 

If that doesn't work write a "validation letter" to the CRA.  You can find templates on line for this.  Since the compay is out of business they wouldn't respond and the CRA will remove it   

Good luck. 

thanks

thanks for the help, i'll look into it.