Question

kitty469782

i had a $200 fingerhut credit and now it's $300.if paid off can i increase my score ?
I have not paid anything on the account because of divorce and very limited funds .it is my only credit card ,and is killing my already bad credit . I plan on paying it off as soon as I can . A couple of months probably.and do you think they will extend me credit once again so I can show that I can pay responsibly? Has anyone else dealt with Fingerhut?

I havent dealt directly with fingerhut. But if you start reducing your debt your chances are better at that happening. In my case i dealt with a collection and once i started paying it off my credit rating started to improve.

Fingerhut

I will apply with Fingerhut's Freshstart Program to improve my credit and FICO score. In addition, Creditkarma has recommended me to use a secured credit card by Capital One Secured Mastercard. I have obtained reviews about this card with nerdwallet.com and they also recommended this secured card to rebuild my credit. Therefore, I will apply for this card this week. Lastly, I'm getting a copy of my credit report and FICO score today to review which past small accounts I can pay off this month to also improve my credit and FICO scores. I hope this helps someone.