Question

CTGirl50

I filed bankruptcy do to my ex spouse's medical bills. Can I have that negative mark eliminated?
I was married during spouse's medical treatment >$200K and filed bankruptcy to avoid being responsible for his debt. We are now divorced. If I explain to the bureaus this was not my debt, is it possible it be eliminated from my record?

If you have been divorced for less than 10 years, those bills will show on your credit report because you were jointly responsible at that time. Your credit history goes back 7 years, generally, and 10 years in case of bankruptcy.  Only the passage of time will remove these.