Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Aeslehc

I don't have a drivers licence. Why is my auto credit score down?
New to credit karma and I don't own a car. I don't have a drivers licence but I don't know why I have VERY POOR credit score. And I really want to fix this before I do decide to drive a car. Help please?

Auto Insurance Score. This score ranges from 150 to 950. It is calculated using data from your TransUnion credit report and is used primarily by auto insurance companies to help assess the likelihood that you'll file an insurance claim. It is not based on your driving record. Learn more about different credit scores.

Your auto insurance score is calculated using information from your credit report. It is not influence by whether or not you own a vehicle, or have ever had a license. 

Read more here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/insurance_score_impacts_your_car_insurance