Question

Sher25

I cosigned an auto loan with my son. How do I get his deliquent payments off my credit report
The car salesman told us this would not affect my credit scores. I have paid one late payment for my son. The car loan shows up on my credit report with 7 late payments. How do I get it off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

You cannot as a cosigner...

When you cosign, you become a "married partner" to that auto loan. You are just as liable for the car payments as your son. It's almost the same as you having your name on the title along with his. Unless he can get approved for another loan, on his own, to pay off the current loan, then you will continue to have this problem. You cannot remove your name for the current loan either. It must be paid off.

cosigner for car

how long do it take for bad credit to come off your credit after u pay car off.