Question

edmoca

i canceled my bankrupty and paid off all past due bills that were overdue will this help in score
i canceled my bankrupsty filling was on it for only 11 months and paid off all outstanding bills that were overdue, one of the bills had insurance and they took care of that one everything else is clean. the orginal time frame was 400.00 a month for 5 years but again i canceled in 11 months. can anything be done there to raise my score

Most Helpful Response

Cancellation Of Bankrupcy

Greetings, "edmoca".

Our credit ( "debt" ) number, is mainly rteflective of items listed on the credit report, created from information submited to credit reporting bureaus, which include but is not limited to: Trans Union, Experian and Equifax. And, each of these reports could have differrent information, and each uses different formulas in their calculation, thereby generating a variation in our credit score. The score you see here at Credit Karma, is a score generated from information soely listed on your Trans Union credit report.

The fact that you filied bankreuptcy means that it can be reported on any and all of your credit reports; the cancellation of this may not be just-cause for removing this factual information. I'd say consult with your Bankruptcy Attorney. However, If the bankrupcy in any way, eliminated or caused a reduction of any debt or caused an agreement for settlement, then your filing and its listing on your report, will remain up 10 years. 

Many, including myself have indured and recovered from Bankruptcy and many have seen their score greatly improve in as little as two years; yes, even with the bankruptcy being listed. 

Time and your contiued effort to maintain better financial health, are your best friend, in this area and your score will rise, automatically.

God Bless

edmoca

Thank you for the information it is very helpful for me, i understand once you file there is no taking that back but at least per your comments I hope and pray that i do not have to wait 5 yrs for my report to get better.  I currently have no credit cards nor do i plan on applying for any since i am now unemployed and in process for disability benefits from SSA  due to surgery and other health issues..  God Bless You also and Thanks again