Question

firsttimehomemortgage

I am asking community members to recommend a lender for a first time home buyer.
I have excellent credit, a good deal of savings, and a good deal of student debt. I'd like to borrow as much as possible for the mortgage so that I can pay down the student debt with whatever is left of my savings.

Are there low down payment lenders?

What is a normal rate (%) for private mortgage insurance?

If you recommend a lender, please say how long it took them to fund your loan. I'm leaning toward Bank of America primarily for ability to execute funding a loan, but if there are discount lenders that also excel at funding loans quickly, I'd like to know about them.

Thank you.

Check with your local banks/credit unions.  Things are different all over and we all live in different states, so are hardly in a position to make a recommendation.