Question

HHbandit

I am 26 months out of Chapter 7 with a 687 score
I am looking to make standard monthly purchases on a credit card for security purposes and paying it off every month. I have a credit card with Capital One reviewed for 18 months but the limit is only $750 and I am really focused on keeping my utilization below 20%. I have read that CAP 1 is notorious for not authorizing CL increases despite perfect payment history. Do I have a chance at getting approved for a "regular" credit card?

Because a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a negative on your credit report for a total of 10 years, it's unlikely you can get a "regular" card for a while.  That you already have a secured card is good, because that will put positives on your credit reports.  The secured card may be the only option for a while.  Sorry.

HHbandit

The 2 cards I already have are unsecured and I have perfect payment history on both for over 18 months.  I also have an auto loan that was paid in full and a new auto loan with 8 moths perfect payment history. I am just tired of Cap 1's tiny credit limits.  No one seems to know what the "regular" credit card companies use as a timeframe after BK for approval.