Question

kmbirkel

I am 25 years old. I have excellent credit, but a D grade on "Average Age of Open Credit Lines"!
My oldest tradeline is 5 years 6 months and my average age of open credit lines is 2 years 5 months. Am I pretty much doomed to have a D rating or something similar for years because of my age? How old does your average age of open credit lines have to be to be considered good? Thanks!

Did you get a new card recently?

Im only guessing that you have a total of 2 credit cards...? If your oldest line is 5.5 years and your avg is 2.5, you must have opened a new credit card account recently. This would drop your avg open lines by half automatically.

If I am correct, it will take awhile to get up there. ...that is, If I am correct on this whole assumption here...

kmbirkel

Not really, my most recently opened one was about one year ago. I have 6 cards and one "revolving account" (a 12-month interest free plan for a furniture purchase opened within one of the 6 cards). I've been living on my own and handling my own finances for a while.