Question

Clyarb19

How would I go about building my credit? Should I pay what was sent to collections?
I have 3 things against my credit. I do not have the money to pay them all right now. Every time I have tried to get a credit card or a loan, I can't bc it says I have no credit. So how would I build it if I can't get anything? Should I pay what is at credit collections?

Be carefull paying old collection accounts.  If they are close to 7 years old, they'll be falling off soon.  If you pay them now they'll stay on your report for 7 years from date you pay them (unless you negotiate, in writing, a Pay Per Delete agreement).  You can get a credit card by getting a secured card, but you'll have to put up the money yourself (it's like borrowing from yourself).  If you have the cash for that, then visit www.creditcards.com and pick one that works best for you.  Also, if you have a local credit union, stop by and ask about a "Credit Builder Loan", again, this is where you deposit the money and you borrow it from yourself.  But it counts as an installment loan and can build your credit.  Visit www.credit.about.com for more great info and best of luck!