Question

Gootsmom

How will buying a new car effect my credit score?
I will be moving across the country and need a dependable car and then will need to buy a house when I get there, will purchasing a car bring down my credit score for when I go to buy a house?

Hi

I believe initially it may bring your score down, but in the long run it should help increase it. If I was in your shoes I would be more worried about the house purchase first. If you look hard you should be able to find an affordable used car or instead rent a uhaul to get across the country with your belongings.