Question

ADD3

How to proceed to get my report online? If its just few months being in USA
While requesting credit report online, I came across a question:
"Have you lived at this address for 2 years or more?"
As its only few months for me in USA, I opted answer as No.
Then they are asking for previous US adress.
Please let me know in this case how I can proceed to get my report online?

Thanks in Advance

Most Helpful Response

Foreign guy theres no reason for you to need your credit report if you haven't been in the states for only a few months YOU have NO CREDIT history to track or very little almost non existence just keep paying on time and in full whenever possible and if you don't have a credit card yet I suggest the Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard it has 1.5% cashback with no limits on the amount of cashback you can get and as long as you spend $2600 per year the annual fee of $39 is paid for by the cashback rewards just remember to keep your utilization below 20% ie: $500 limit keep it under $100.....which means you'd have to pay the bill off every week or week an a half to keep utilization low and meet the $2600 mark for free annual fee through cashback.....easiest card to get on the market and since your a foreigner I doubt you have a credit card

ADD3

Thanks JRHenry.

Can you suggest me when should i start requesting / applying for credit cards at various shopping stores.... like 6 months or 12months... etc..

As recently it was not successful at one of the stores.. and they said i will be receiving the mail. It could have happen due to insufficient informtaion with credit bureau or so.

But score is coming up in CK.... I have secure credit card from my bank too from 3 months...