Question

rdm1972

How to get unused credit card off of my credit report that was supposed to be an inquiry only
I was looking into a Hot Tub/Spa, at the retailer, they said they offered financing on it, they said they could check to see if I would get approved for the amount I wanted to finance. They came back and said I would be approved for $8800. I said great, but I think I'm just going to put it on my existing CC and pay it off at the end of the month. 4 days later, I received a credit card in the mail from Wells Fargo for $8800. I didn't want them to open this credit card, and I didn't even know it was a credit card, I thought it was a personal loan or another type of loan. Long story short, I didn't activate the card, but I did call to cancel it. Is there anyway to get this removed off of my account so it doesn't make the "Age of Credit History" even less then what it is? I cancelled the Credit Card, didn't want it, it was supposed to just be an inquiry.

The only way they would have run your information to open the account is if you Signed some document allowing them to. 

Close the Account,  you can't have it removed from your Credit Report,  you have to wait the 7 years for it to fall off.

inquiry only

Unfortunately this could be a difficult task. Now that you qualified for that credit (used or not used) it will remain on your report for the next 10 years. Going through the creditor would not help in this situation so I  would suggest contacting Equifax or transunion by email describing your situation and why it should be removed. you can do all this online. Go to their websites.

johnnybinsea

yeah this one may be hard.  Even if you didnt use it once it got opened it will affect your credit even if you canceled it.  I think that you would have to contact WF and ask them to remove it from your credit report.  Let them know that you did not app for it.  You might have to contact there EO office and talk with them.