Question

jasmin40

How to get more info on one of the creditors on your credit score
I have a creditor that posted that I owe them over 6,000 dollars and that I open the account with them in June of this year but I haven't opened a loan with any company since 2008.Does anyone know how I can find out more info on them. The creditor is LVNV Funding LLC. And I have never heard of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated because they are killing my credit score, not that is was that great to begin with. But I am trying to fix my credit.

Most Helpful Response

LVNV (*bleep*)

First go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and thoroughly and file a dispute for each error (and you WILL likely find some) with the credit bureau reporting same.

If LVNV is listed, they have to contact you, not the other way around.  Dispute their entry.  I've dealt with them before and they are sleazeball "junk debt" buyers (JDBs).  Junk debts are often accounts that have been charged off and been in collections for some time.  They may actually be uncollectable due to the statute of limitations for collections having expired on the original debt.  But LVNV will try to collect in the hopes that the debtor would be so stupid they wouldn't be aware of the law and would just pay up without question.  Don't do that, please.  If they should contact you, send them a letter requesting verification of the debt, or else they must delete it.  They know that the accepted verification will include a copy of the original signed contract that has YOUR signature on it.  These debts have been passed around so much that the JDBs  couldn't verify them if their life depended on it.

Hope this helps.