Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

cera1756

How to get a decent price after not having insurance for awhile?
I have a car that I make a $267.00 payment on. Well after driving over a curb the drive shaft on the car was bent. I couldn't drive it at speeds over 10mph without it shaking violently.

Due to some medical issues and medical bills I put off fixing my car and it sat broke down in a garage for at least 6 months so I decided to take the insurance off of the car because i needed the money and knew the car would not be driven for awhile.

Fast forward to now I finally have it fixed. I went online to get quotes but the price to insure it now went from what was already a ridiculous amount to double.

Why? is there anything I can do? I do not want to pay almost $200 when I really only drive approx less than 50 miles per month anyways.

unused vehuchule

call al local insurance agent and explain the itution you od noy havvvr to carryins, on a vehichu=ile yhay hhad not been usanlr.

Pheff89

Even though you may not have been using the vehicle most states still require that you carry insurance. I think it's stupid but if you think about it like this it makes sense. If your car isn't being used and you have it parked in your driveway, in front of your house, etc. And some idiot comes barreling down the road and hits your car, though it's more likely their fault, you would need to file an insurance claim or else you wouldn't get your vehicle fixed or replaced due to the simple fact that all the other driver has to say is that your vehicle shouldn't have been parked there and you should have insurance if it's going to be parked anywhere it could be in an accident.......which nowadays is anywhere.

Another option

Maybe you could drive another mode of transportation? Bike, moped, train, bus?