Question

pangnhiamoua

How to get a collection off your credit score? How to negotiate the collector to delete?
I had a "Rent Recovery Solutions" in collections that I knew nothing about. Never got a letter, email, or phone call. As far as I'm concerned, I paid everything when the landlord walked me through my old apartment. Now, it's sitting in collections and I am able to pay it off (it's only 200.00) but I didn't just want to pay and have it sit on my credit score... how do I negotiate? I need it gone asap & I know other's have mentioned writing a letter but I need it done right away. Can I call the collector?

Call the collector and ask for a pay for delete agreement.  This is when you agree to pay in full if they will remove the item from your file. If they refuse, ask to speak with the manager. Be polite because they ball is in their court.

DO NOT CALL!!

Whoever answers is not in a position to do any negotiations.  YOU do the negotiations via letter.  How to do so is covered in articles on this site, which you should find and read. The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach about credit, which it does very well.