Question

TashaG2011

How to fight off a potential fraud from credit report
I have a collection on my report for a cellphone used for one month. I wrote a letter to the creditor demanding detailed proof. They sent me a billing statement with my full name, an address that doesn't belong to me never lived there nor was I living there at time of the billing cycle. I also never had cellphone number they were listing. I'm thinking a fraud was comitted in my name, but I don't know what else to tell them if all they could send was the statement which doesn't really validates to be mine.. How can I get this removed?

Dispute with a copy

Make a copy of their statement and high light the errors.  Send it with a letter to the reporting credit bureau telling them the facts on this and emphasize that you did not open this account.

Make sure you get copies oif credit reports from all three agencies and go over them very well, disputing any items that are not yours.  You cannot dispute negative remarks on your report, only accounts that are not yours.