Question

RecoveryNeeded

How to dispute an issue with my credit score
I have been working so hard on my score and it just dropped 112points! It says I have 7 delinquent payments (all from Sallie Mae) I just got my account deferred because I don't make enough money to make a payment so I don't understand why this has popped up under my score. How do I get rid of it, I'm really upset because I've been working so hard and now it's right back to poor in an instant.

Most Helpful Response

Unfortunately, student loans remain collectable until they are paid off.  They do not drop off over time and they are generally not dischargable in bankruptcy. The deferrment may have been made because you haven't been able to pay on the loans, which is why the delinquency.  These things are going to be a pain in your credit score, as I well know.

Just keep your other payments up to date and, as soon as you are able to make payments on the student loans, make them as regular as clockwork.  There are some other repayment plans based on low-income that may work and you'd have to investigate those options.  Sallie Mae will not advertise them, as I too well know.