Question

iamshad

How to deal with derogatory accounts for a better tomorrow?
According to my credit report, I have five derogatory accounts. Two of the five are the same (Collection / Charge-Off) but are now marked “Paid” in the status lines. Another two are both school loans that were (Collection / Charge-Off) but are now marked “Paid as well. The last account was a credit card that shows the condition is “Derogatory” and was charged off to another company. Since about a month or so ago I was able to pay off that debit in full and I am now waiting for the report to update that information.

My question is, what can be done (if any) that will help my report not look like I really have "5 derogatory accounts”? I mean in reality, 4 of the 5 accounts have been taken care of and getting the reporting companies to update the accounts correctly can be a task of its own. However, i’m not so sure what i should be asking the creditor to add to the accounts memos, status, etc. it’s just frustrating when I may apply for a rental property, I get denied because of the amount of “negative” lines. I know it’ll take 7 years for these lines to fall off but does anyone have information that will would help me prove that I’ve taken action on the accounts so when my credit is pulled I don’t look so negative?

Call the Credit Pro's 1-877-235-0324 they can help.