Question

rudeoff666

How much equity can you own and file bankruptcy?

filing for BK when you own a home can be tricky. whatever you do, if you want to keep your home, keep making payments! and get an attorney is good advice. you'll need one for a BK anyway. 

rtmims

Enter Your ReplyWhat if you own your home?

Random789644

If you own your own home, you most likely will be able to keep it, especially for Chapter 13.

Not quite equity

Bankruptcy is a calculation of how much debt you have, how many assets you have (of which equity is included), and how much income you get. Because of this, you will definitely have to get hold of a lawyer and let them help you make the call. Note that there are two main types of bankruptcy for individuals - Chapter 7 which writes it all off, and Chapter 13, which involved a partial repayment plan lasting from 3-5 years.  Best advice is to contact a couple of bankruptcy lawyers in your town (or nearest city) and talk to them... most of them have a free initial consultation, and can give you a good picture of what type of bankruptcy you can file for (e.g. if you make too much money or your overall debt isn't large enough, you're doing Chapter 13).

Contact a bankruptcy attorney in your state.

I think it depends on your state but...

I live in SoCal and I was able to file a Ch7 with $122K equity in my home...

Bankruptcy

What's the difference between chapter 7 vs chapter 13. Are those the only chapters. I'm completely iliterately with these type of stuff.

how do i dispute my crewdit report

how do i dispute my credit report on line