Question

Joseylynn

How long does it takes for hard inquiries to drop off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Beware of Car Dealerships

I recently bought a new car and they ran hard inquirys to 7 creditors to find me the best deal!   7 hard pulls for 1 loan that was insane and i cant remove them.  I was so ****ed at loan officer.  Make your deal for a new car with a reputable bank in area then go to dealership to shop with loan in hand.  Buyer Beware.

hard inquires

How do I disputer hard inquires. there were 4 just last week and I didn't authuritize any of them.

It takes up to 2 years for a hard inquiry to fall off of your report

JAFlo

If it is up to 2 years then when is a good time to have Experian check into them, if they aren't removed yet and it's been about 2 years?

Hard credit check

How do I dispute a hard credit check, Direct T.V. recently did a hard credit check.   I never authorized Direct T.V to do a check, plus I don't have Direct T.V..    I had Direct T.v.  account 4 years ago, please advise?

Thanks

Hard inquirers

Can u deal with any debt consolidation company's to try an remove hard inquirers? Plus that's the biggest bunch of BS that they check ur credit for whatever u might be trying to get and it lowers ur score?? Just another thing that makes people not get ahead

JAFlo

Agreed.  You try to see if you can get a CC to improve your credit only to be turned down and have your credit scored dinged from the "inquiry."

Up to 2 years.

my registration

I amtry to get my credit scores. I am 17 but i think someone is using my social security number

Phylecia

Enter Your Reply. The Credit Bureaus don't create a credit profile until you're 18. But you can pull a credit report for free at annual credit report.com to see if any accounts have been opened in your name.

Hard Enqiries drop off

I want to see an answer to that too.

Hard inquiry

How do I dispute a hard inquiry on my report? I checked to see if Direct TV and Century link were in my area when I moved aND they both did an inquiry into my credit. They are not even available in my area.

Under 18

You can dispute it once you turn 18. Call and then they will have you turn in proof of identity.