Question

momen

How long does it take to get approved for chase freedom card
I applied for the chase freedom card on June 16th and today is June 24th but didn't get an answer yet , I called them few times and they still say my application in pending review. I was pre approved for this card by chase and also creditkarma my score is 730 . does this mean I will be denied the card or what?

bad advice from ck

What makes me laugh is that Credit Karma says the card is a very good fit and then apply and you get a message saying we need more time to review which means denied in most cases. Such a joke taking credit karma's advice and now I will get dinged for a denial and a credit inquiry!!

Apsurani

I will have to politely disagree with this statement...

I have been using credit Karma for 2-3 years now, and I have been approved for every card they reccomended.

There must be other application factors that caused this delay in decisioning ie: mismatched employer on application vs. credit burear, stated income vs. lending guidelines, etc.

PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS FORUM INTO A CRYBABY, YELP-LIKE SITE!

Awaiting Approval

I just filled out an application for chase freedom card now I'm waiting to see if they send me it in the mail I'll respond back I'm hoping they start me off even with a small line that I can then build on.

GoldCredit83

Update!

I called to check on the status of my application and was denied and the reason was that I don't have enough credit how weird when I hold 3 major credit cards.

I received a processing message and when I called their backdoor number I was told "We do not approve applications with a showing bankruptcy".  Mine was in 2004 and I have a perfect payment history on everything since then.

I was told 5 times that they never approve any applications with bankruptcys, but I was polite and insistent and she then checked my record and said I only had a gas card with them to re-establish credit.  I explained I had a few store cards, gas cards and a $10,000 visa with my credit union and she went to "check" again.

When she came back she asked what ballance I carry on my Visa (it showed $1,500 that day) I explained I pay in full each month and she approved me for a rather crappy $500 but I actually don't need the card just the tradeline and I think a low limit may be helpful as I apply for more.

Most Helpful Response

I just got approved for the card after 14 days yayayyyyyyyyyyyyy

I got approved for the card after 5 minutes, received the "we require further processing", etc message, called the backdoor toll free number, was told it was denied due to too many inquiries, asked to reconsider, and approved!!!  

Khigone

What card was it you applied for? Did they tell you they would send it and then deny you before you got it

03max88

Would you happen to have the backdoor number?

At the time my score was lower than your 730.  I applied for both cards within 3 or 4 days.  I hope this helps.  Discover took the debt to income as very important.  Good Luck.

momen

And what was chase's reason for denial?

If you have chase check your accounts

I saw someone say that the message that they need time to review your account means denial. Not true  from what I have read on CK most people applying for this card get that message. What did **** me off is that they pulled from two CRA's.  I applied a few days ago and I'm already approved. I have Chase Checking accounts and an additiona credit card account with a $2500 credit limit showed up. Never got an official approval notice. I called a number I found online which is an automated system that tells you if you were approved or not and sure enough I was. Although the extra account already proved that. Here's the number if anyone wants it  888-338-2586

I was denied for this card and found out in the mail 2 or 3 weeks later.  Try the Discover More card.  I applied at about the same time I applied for the Freedom card.  Discover called me within 3 days and after a couple minutes I was approved.  Bingo.  Good Luck.

momen

how about your credit score?? and credit history? which one did they pull?

Not good enough credit.  Every card company has specific guidelines.  I have enough credit at this time and going to sit back and relax.  Hope it works out for you but remember there are other card companies with good perks etc.  Good Luck.

Chase Freedom Card Preaproved

I got pre-approved for chase freedom card. When i gave the invite number i got a response like the below-

Thank you for responding. Your response requires further review before making a decision.

can someone tell me what does that mean

missmorgs

same thing happened to me- did you end up getting approved?  A lot of comments say to call a representative and they will instantly approve you.

thanks!