How long does it take to get approved for chase freedom card
I applied for the chase freedom card on June 16th and today is June 24th but didn't get an answer yet , I called them few times and they still say my application in pending review. I was pre approved for this card by chase and also creditkarma my score is 730 . does this mean I will be denied the card or what?

momen

Most Helpful Response
Awaiting Approval

I just filled out an application for chase freedom card now I'm waiting to see if they send me it in the mail I'll respond back I'm hoping they start me off even with a small line that I can then build on.

Response by
GoldCredit83

Update!

I called to check on the status of my application and was denied and the reason was that I don't have enough credit how weird when I hold 3 major credit cards.

GoldCredit83

I received a processing message and when I called their backdoor number I was told "We do not approve applications with a showing bankruptcy".  Mine was in 2004 and I have a perfect payment history on everything since then.

I was told 5 times that they never approve any applications with bankruptcys, but I was polite and insistent and she then checked my record and said I only had a gas card with them to re-establish credit.  I explained I had a few store cards, gas cards and a $10,000 visa with my credit union and she went to "check" again.

When she came back she asked what ballance I carry on my Visa (it showed $1,500 that day) I explained I pay in full each month and she approved me for a rather crappy $500 but I actually don't need the card just the tradeline and I think a low limit may be helpful as I apply for more.

Response by
DarylRodrigues

I got approved for the card after 5 minutes, received the "we require further processing", etc message, called the backdoor toll free number, was told it was denied due to too many inquiries, asked to reconsider, and approved!!!  

Response by
Ligia

What card was it you applied for? Did they tell you they would send it and then deny you before you got it

Khigone

I just got approved for the card after 14 days yayayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Response by
momen

Not good enough credit.  Every card company has specific guidelines.  I have enough credit at this time and going to sit back and relax.  Hope it works out for you but remember there are other card companies with good perks etc.  Good Luck.

Response by
nandog

At the time my score was lower than your 730.  I applied for both cards within 3 or 4 days.  I hope this helps.  Discover took the debt to income as very important.  Good Luck.

Response by
nandog

And what was chase's reason for denial?

momen

I was denied for this card and found out in the mail 2 or 3 weeks later.  Try the Discover More card.  I applied at about the same time I applied for the Freedom card.  Discover called me within 3 days and after a couple minutes I was approved.  Bingo.  Good Luck.

Response by
nandog

how about your credit score?? and credit history? which one did they pull?

momen

Submit to the Community