Question

momen

How long does it take to get approved for chase freedom card
I applied for the chase freedom card on June 16th and today is June 24th but didn't get an answer yet , I called them few times and they still say my application in pending review. I was pre approved for this card by chase and also creditkarma my score is 730 . does this mean I will be denied the card or what?

bad advice from ck

What makes me laugh is that Credit Karma says the card is a very good fit and then apply and you get a message saying we need more time to review which means denied in most cases. Such a joke taking credit karma's advice and now I will get dinged for a denial and a credit inquiry!!

Apsurani

I will have to politely disagree with this statement...

I have been using credit Karma for 2-3 years now, and I have been approved for every card they reccomended.

There must be other application factors that caused this delay in decisioning ie: mismatched employer on application vs. credit burear, stated income vs. lending guidelines, etc.

PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS FORUM INTO A CRYBABY, YELP-LIKE SITE!

If you have chase check your accounts

I saw someone say that the message that they need time to review your account means denial. Not true  from what I have read on CK most people applying for this card get that message. What did **** me off is that they pulled from two CRA's.  I applied a few days ago and I'm already approved. I have Chase Checking accounts and an additiona credit card account with a $2500 credit limit showed up. Never got an official approval notice. I called a number I found online which is an automated system that tells you if you were approved or not and sure enough I was. Although the extra account already proved that. Here's the number if anyone wants it  888-338-2586

APPROVED!!

I am on credit karma everyday checking my credit scores and making sure things are in order since I have been working on my credit! Credit Karma told me I had pre approved offers available to check out and so I did!! I applied and got approved for $5500!!! I was soooo  shocked. So yes Credit Karma recommendations are sometimes accurate as I also was approved for a Capital one card through their suggestions, that was was only $300 for the Capital One MasterCard. I know that there are Lot of companies that you have to pay to fix your credit, however I fixed my own. I had been working on it for a year or so and it finally paid off. I did all my disputes through Credit Karma and I am grateful for them!!

Awaiting Approval

I just filled out an application for chase freedom card now I'm waiting to see if they send me it in the mail I'll respond back I'm hoping they start me off even with a small line that I can then build on.

GoldCredit83

Update!

I called to check on the status of my application and was denied and the reason was that I don't have enough credit how weird when I hold 3 major credit cards.

I received a processing message and when I called their backdoor number I was told "We do not approve applications with a showing bankruptcy".  Mine was in 2004 and I have a perfect payment history on everything since then.

I was told 5 times that they never approve any applications with bankruptcys, but I was polite and insistent and she then checked my record and said I only had a gas card with them to re-establish credit.  I explained I had a few store cards, gas cards and a $10,000 visa with my credit union and she went to "check" again.

When she came back she asked what ballance I carry on my Visa (it showed $1,500 that day) I explained I pay in full each month and she approved me for a rather crappy $500 but I actually don't need the card just the tradeline and I think a low limit may be helpful as I apply for more.

Most Helpful Response

I just got approved for the card after 14 days yayayyyyyyyyyyyyy

I got approved for the card after 5 minutes, received the "we require further processing", etc message, called the backdoor toll free number, was told it was denied due to too many inquiries, asked to reconsider, and approved!!!  

Khigone

What card was it you applied for? Did they tell you they would send it and then deny you before you got it

03max88

Would you happen to have the backdoor number?

At the time my score was lower than your 730.  I applied for both cards within 3 or 4 days.  I hope this helps.  Discover took the debt to income as very important.  Good Luck.

momen

And what was chase's reason for denial?

I called that number and found I was approved. Thanks!

Ms.

Good Job....I'm trying to repair my credit too. I was up to a 594 then all of a sudden it went down again. I think it must be the old items not written off  It will be a year in August that I've paid Lexington to clean up my credit.  I know I have inquiries that are more than 6 months ago; and I'm trying to save money to get a secure card but something always comes up that takes that money away.  Southwest keeps sending me these pre-approval for their Chase card.  I applied today and it read this:  

"We need to review your application a little longer.   We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application."

questions should I go ahead and apply for the Captial one card that Credit Karma is recomending while I have one pending?  

what else can I do to raise my credit other than allowing Lexington to act on my behalf?

Thank you,

Giselle