Question

Kgpach

How long does it take for a bankruptcy chapter 7 to come off your credit

bankruptcy chapter 7

It normally takes 10 years before your bankruptcy falls off your credit report

samson11658

Enter Your Reply  I'm on 11 years now and it's still on my credit report

Bankruptcy

My ex-husband and I filed bankruptcy in 2004. He has had no problems being denied credit (bought house bought 3 cars) but my bankruptcy is hindering me everytime I go to purchase anything WHY?

Best answer:

Under FCRA, in general terms, a bankruptcy is supposed to be removed at 10 years.  Collections are supposed to come off at 7 years unless a court judgement put them there, which falls under the 10 year catagory.  The credit bureays can remove these issues sooner if they wish, but will generally choose the 7/10 year limit.  You should contact the bureau(s) still reporting this information past the statutory limitation and ask that these entries be removed.  It can take up to 90 days to "show" on your bureau, but is generally 30 to 45 days.

Items like judgements and bankruptcies are not reported to the bureaus by the involved jurisdiction; rather, they are pro-actively sought out by the credit reporting agencies and reported.

Ten years.

samson11658

Enter Your Reply I'm on 11 years now and it's still on

edubya90

We filed in '09 but I don't remember if it was chapter 7 or 13. I thought it was whichever was the lesser of the two evils and therefore it would drop off sooner. Needless to say, it still haunts me to this day. So are both 7 and 13 ten long years?

Bankruptcy

Its time for mine to come off and eas paid off 5 yrs ago. What do i need to do to get it off?

If it has been 10 years since your discharged you can contact the credit card companies and file a dispute and provide proof that the ten year is up and they should take it off

whento appy for Chapter 7

when dp I appl for chapter 7 as Ihave may many medical bills

Bankruptcy Chap7

Takes 8 years to come off your report

increse the score

How can I increase the score

if  no mistake it take 7 years.