Question

chelliegirlTA

How long do "hard inquiries" remain on credit reports? I was out of the country.
I was out of the US for many years but returned a year ago. I naturally had to re-establish credit, purchase a car, utilities, etc. How long do the "hard inquiries" remain on my credit report? It appears that things like car insurance showed up as a "hard" versus a "soft" inquiry.

Hard inquiries will stay on file for 2 years. After 1 year, it doesn't affect your score. Soft inquiry will not affect your score nor any creditor could see it.