Question

daddyo111

how is the homeowners insurance score calculated?
I have been a homeowner for 25 years. first house 15 years, current house 10 years. Both have been insured by state farm for all 25 years. No claims have ever been made on either home. My payment collected by mortgage company and paid on time bi annually. I have a very poor score. my credit score, auto insurance score and vantage score are all good to great. I don't get it...............................

Rigged?

Maybe the insurance companies rig the scoring system where it is nearly impossible to have a good score - thus giving them an excuse to scalp you?

Seriously - I too have good credit, but my home insurance score is "Very Poor".  The big dip happened back in February when I bought a new truck.  There were quite a few hard inquiries at that time...  so maybe they rate the pursuit of credit as a major risk?  I see another smaller dip in my score from when we applied for a mortgage back in June - so again, that is what I suspect.