Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

ConallsMom

How does one change the employer?

Most Helpful Response

I'm absolutely SURE I replied to this question a couple days ago...but my reply is nowhere to be found. Does CK actually BLOCK/CENSOR posts containing links to other sites? Even when the site is a credit bureau? That sucks. I included the link to TransUnion's online dispute form, as that's the easiest/best way to make corrections to your report. I've done that twice with TransUnion, as they [and only they] had two incorrect addresses on file for me. So, to answer the question [again], depending on which credit bureau you want to add the employer to, just go to their site, find their dispute form, and fill out the pertinent information. With TransUnion, you'll receive a hardcopy of your credit report via snail mail shortly after they make the correction(s).

Your replies containing email addresses or website links may be flagged for manual review. As you can see from this post (and your previous reply), they will show up soon, but not automatically! Sorry for the confusion. 

At which credit bureau? I've made corrections on my TransUnion record very easily online. They had not one, but TWO, address errors! (Including one that had me living in a state I've never even visited--but my daughter lived there.) Just visit their disputes page: http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes-alerts-freezes.page and fill in the appropriate info. They'll snail mail you an updated copy of your credit report after making the corrections.