Question

CCGIRLS

How do I raise my credit score 150 points?
I am rebuilding my credit from a bankruptcy three years ago. I have one unsecured loan that I pay on time. I have one credit care with 70 % balance.

Pay it of consistently.

Your utilization ratio is pretty high, and that's what is affecting the score. The only way to raise the score by 100+ points is to pay the debt. I know you are working towards it, but it just takes time. As your payment history grows and thereby your debt decreases, the score will go up. However, the bankruptcy will haunt your score for a long time (sorry).

Meanwhile, just make sure you don't do something that will hurt the score, otherwise, any positive effect will be nullified.

Don't:

1. Miss a payment.  2. Apply for a new credit (add an enquiry). and 3. Increase your debt by any means.