Question

rocknroll365

How do I increase a stagnant credit score?
My score for the last 6 months or so has only increased by 1 point and that being today. However, my score before then was about 25 points higher and nothing has changed in a negative way, as a matter of fact my file should be in better shape due to longer open accounts, 2 new open accounts, and on time payments. I'm assuming my 1 point increase today is due to my credit cards reporting my utilization is under 20% when it was extremely high. I do have a significant amount of hard inquiries due to my re-establishment of credit in the last 2 years, buying a home, car, credit cards, etc. and my oldest open account isn't quite 2 years old, but i'm at a loss to why my score has actually gone down from a 650 to 627 then has stayed stagnant at that when my file is better. any advice would be great.

Most Helpful Response

age of accounts most likely.

From what you say here, it seems that there has been a lot of activity on your CR of late. The age of your open accounts and hard inquiries are the most likley culprits.  once some of those inquiries fall off and the new accounts age, along with on-time payments your score should move back up.