Question

JohnAmos1000

How do I get beyond the 750 mark?
I have used Credit Karma for more than a year now with the intention of cleaning up my credit. It's worked very well, in that I've gone from the lower 600's to now, a 735. I feel like I am now stuck, in that I don't know what else I can do to get over the 750 mark. I have 2 missed payments that are on my credit from a number of years ago, but I think that's about the only things that are on my credit report and I can't do anything about it. All my payments are current, my credit card Utilization is at 15%. I can't do anything about my age of credit, or how many inquiries are on there. Any suggestions?

to get to 750-800 range

you need a squeeky clean 7 yr history, no late pays or collections in the last 10 yrears

very low utilization of 1 to 5% on credit cards,  a mortgage AND an auto loan.  a personal line of credit or personal loan helps too. 

Then its all about time and maintaining a clean credit history over the long haul. 

JohnAmos1000

Thanks for your input.

You've been working on cleaning up your credit and that's great!!  Some things just have to wait out the time before they fall off, as is explained in the articles here.  So, what we sometimes need in addition to the hard work -we've put in, is a bit of patience..

It takes Time.

Well you need to have lots of patience.

It will take time,  as for your "Utilization is at 15%"  I would say take it down to 0 and keep everything Paid off every month. 

JohnAmos1000

I was thinking it might just be timing now.  I'll take my utilization down to nothing and just pay it off monthly now that I have control of it.  Hopefully that'll help.  Thanks.