Question

Posted in Banking

hombreatractivo

how do I frezze my credit?
I want to freeze my credit

You start by reading here

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0279-extended-fraud-alerts-and-credit-freezes#order

Freeze

Freezing laws depend on the state of your residence. 

Some states allow the freezing of reports over the phone or online, other states require a written and mailed freezing request is sent by you. 

Go to Experians website. Scroll down on their main page to near the bottom. Look under the heading Notices and click on Security Freeze. 

That page will tell you how to freeze your reports and on the top of that next page, click on State specific details and look up your state. 

Equifax and Trans Union also have freezing information on their own sites though Experians is a little more user friendly. 

You will have to freeze your reports with each CRA. 

You can freeze with all three bureaus online at each website, I did it myself 5 years ago.  It does NOT depend on your state laws (got no idea where that came from).  They each charge a nominal fee.  I love the peace of mind.