Question

ConfusedAboutCredit13

How do I find out the original date of inactivity on an account?
I have several accounts in collections from several years ago when I was a young, stupid college kid and took out credit cards I couldn't afford to pay back. I am now workig to rebuild my credit and through my research so far I know that after 7 years an account in collections should 'fall off' your credit report. The problem is that when I look at the delinquent accounts on Credit Karma it shows the last date that my debt was sold NOT the actual date my cards/accounts were delinquent. How do I find out that date? I am able to pay back some of my debt that is newer but I want to see which debts are close to falling off my report.

You'll need to pull complete credit report from one of the bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.  If they don't provide the date of last activity or date you went delinquent, request that info online at same website.